Uniform All Students:
We expect all students to wear their uniform with pride, whether they are in school or outside in the community as they travel to and from the school. The Board of Directors devolves the responsibility for maintaining high standards in all things at all times to the Principal and the Director of Academy Excellence and, therefore, should there be any ambiguity over the interpretation of these standards, they will have the final say
Years 7-11- UCS Uniform with blazer
- Plain white collared shirt/blouse to be tucked inside of trousers or skirt.
- Plain charcoal grey, or black trousers or skirts. Skirts must be at a respectful and appropriate length. Jeans, tracksuit bottoms, leggings or jeggings are not permitted.
- Plain black/grey tights with no pattern may be worn.
- A plain grey V-necked jumper is optional and may be worn during cold weather beneath the blazer.
- University Collegiate School tie/neckerchief to be worn.
- Students are to wear their University Collegiate School blazer at all times
- Sensible black shoes without markings or brand names. Shoes should be full and cover the whole foot with a sturdy sole for health and safety reasons
- Headscarves/hijab/headwear worn for religious reasons must be black, grey or navy.
- Coats or jackets, caps or hats are not to be worn in the building.
- Pierced ears should have stud earrings only. No other piercings are permitted.
- No jewellery. This includes rings and bracelets.
- Nail polish, acrylic or false nails are not permitted.
- Extreme hair colours, styles or extensions are not permitted
- UCS lanyard and ID pass must be worn at all times.
Subtle, natural looking make-up is permitted in KS4 and 5..
The Principal reserves the right to instruct removal of make-up should it be deemed unacceptable.
Any students who do not have the correct uniform, or a note from parents to explain why, will complete a recall after school unless it is rectified. UCS reserves the right to make individual decisions about the suitability of your appearance and will advise you if your appearance is not suitable.
All UCS uniform can be purchased from Smart Clothing, and can be ordered in store or online at https://www.smartschoolwear.co.uk/schools/secondary-school/utc-bolton
- UCS polo shirt
- UCS shorts/scort/leggings (plain black until design made)
- UCS sports long sleeve outdoor top
- Suitable training shoes must be worn - No canvas pumps, converse etc.
- UCS football socks and football boots to be worn, when required
- Waterproofs - optional
Key Stage 5 (Sixth Form College) - Smart casual
- Students must dress in smart casual attire.
- Smart trousers or plain jeans, no ripped jeans.
- Dresses or skirts must be at a respectful and appropriate length.
- Sensible footwear.
- Caps or hats are not permitted.
- Facial piercings are not permitted.
- University Collegiate School lanyard and ID pass must be worn at all times.